Friday, August 08, 2008

What We Needed
I erased your name from my journal
And all pictures of you tonight
Maybe I can’t stop my thoughts
But I finally figured out what’s right
So I’m here looking at him
Wishing he would scream and shout
I’m ripped apart and helpless
Bet you already figured out
We’re further apart
Then we needed
But it’s a start I believed in
You’ll go away
And I’ll stay here
That’s the way things have to be
We’re further part
I’ve succeeded in losing you
All those things you told me
They got inside my head
I stopped remembering my love
And went with you instead
So here I’ll sit by myself
Because he doesn’t want me near
But I’ll take that to losing him
You know that my biggest fear
We’re further apart
Then we needed
But it’s a start
I believed in
You’ll go away
And I’ll stay here
That’s the way things have to be
We’re further apart
And I’m forgetting you tonight
I won’t hang on I’ll let go
Forget everything I showed
For once in my life
This is the right choice
I’m letting go of you tonight
So here’s goodbye
I’m walking on, starting over
Once again ...
We’re further apart
Then we needed
Because I’m gone.

No comments: