Friday, February 15, 2008

Chapter 1
Forbidden Roses
Tashoru mumbled out some more apologies and weak excuses as he rang Tokuto’s doorbell, the chimes rang through the house long and slow.
"Sumi, it’s not that I don’t want to be with you… It’s just I need to get this done and you and Tokuto get along pretty well…"
"Tash, WHO are you working with again?"
"Is that really relevant? Look, you and Toku can play X-box or something while I finish up, then I’ll swing by and pick you up when I’m done. At least I found you something fun to do while I couldn’t be with you?"
"Yeah, whatever."
"Hey, it could be worse, we could be going out and this could be a date."
Tashoru’s unsubtle way of reminding me that we were not going out was not pleasing by any means. Tokuto answered the door without a shirt and loose blue jeans, a move that I’m sure he regretted the second that he saw me standing beside Tash. Tash gave him a strange look, then hesitated as if he were going to change his mind about this, my mouth remained glued by the beautiful set of abs before me. Toku looked at the both of us, then finally started talking, "Did you two want something, maybe? Would you like to come in?"
"Tash has something to do, do you mind if I chill with you till he gets done?"
Tash whipped to look at me, as if he wanted to suddenly scream no, still unable to speak. He clearly hadn’t been expecting Tokuto to answer the door shirtless.
"Fine by me, come on in, I’ll see you later Tash."
I stepped by Tokuto who closed the door in Tash’s still gawking face, he motioned for me to follow and we headed to the kitchen. Toku started to laugh hysterically, his shirt draped lazily over the back of a kitchen chair, obviously just taken off.
"Obviously Tash didn’t want to leave you with scantily clad me."
"I guess as long as I don’t answer the door in your shirt, he’ll be fine."
We both started cracking up, Toku slid a pop across the counter for me, and then we headed for the living room. He had an X-box controller lying on the floor, the screen still flashing with the pause menu.
"You can take off your jacket and throw it somewhere."
I threw my jacket on the sofa and plopped down beside Toku who was already getting back into his game, madly pushing buttons and focusing on the screen. He paused again after a bit and looked at me, choosing his words carefully.
"You and Tash going out?"
"No."
"That’s good… You want to try this game?"
"Sure."
I expected him to hand me the controller and shout out instructions like most people would when instructing a newb on how to play a game. Instead he pulled me into his lap, holding his hands over mine on the controller, with every move he’d tap the specified fingers. The figure flashed on the screen, madly twirling swords and shooting guns, a victory steal popped up as we lost the second battle. His laugh sounded in my ear again, rich and deep.
Fifteen minutes later we were still leaning forward, I in his lap, madly playing a game I still didn’t know the name of. His cell phone started to ring some obnoxious tune, Toku glanced at the caller, his laugher ringing out again.
"It’s Tash… Should we worry him again?"
"Let’s, he needs some excitement in his life."
We moved the couch, Toku sitting beside me, I waited patiently as he flipped open the phone to answer. I could hear Tash’s voice on the other end demanding what took so long.
"Sorry, I had to, uh… find my phone."
I giggled near the phone, my mouth inches from Toku’s, his eyes turned to mine shining with laughter as Tash started to sound nervous.
"Um… How’s Sumi?"
"She’s… good."
I pressed my lips against the corner of his mouth, he turned his head and continued the kiss, the phone picking up every sound. He nudged me down on the couch this was not what I had been expecting from Toku. Tash sounded on the phone again, enraged at what he thought he was hearing.
"TOKU, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"
"Sorry, Sumi cut up an orange, they’re really good. You ever try oranges and yogurt? Messy, but delicious."
I pulled him down again, our mouths inches apart, Toku grinned evilly and nodded.
"Toku, who’s on the phone, can’t you hang up already?"
My voice came out breathless and giddy, like a soap star just emerging from a make out scene.
"WHAT THE HELL!?"
Toku held the phone away from his ear, laughing at the shrill scream that was coming from the other end of a very angry Tashoru.
"It’s Tash, can’t you tell?"
"Oooh, lemme talk to him!"
Toku handed me that phone and grinned, still pinning me down to the sofa.
"Hey Tash, don’t bother picking me up, Toku can just take me home. That way you can have the rest of the day for your project. Okay?"
"What? I thought you wanted to hang out."
"We always hang out. I thought I’d change it up. Listen, it’s no problem, thanks for dropping me off with Toku, you know… If it hadn’t been for you, I would have never gotten to know how much fun he is! Bye Tash!"
"Wait, Sumi!!"
"Hey Tash, Toku here… We’re gonna head out, we’ll catch you tomorrow in school okay?"
Toku flipped his phone shut, then looked back at me, his blue eyes glittering with mischievous thoughts. He ran his finger down the side of my face a small look of longing crossing his own, a smooth velvet caressing touch sent me into whirlpools of nervousness. He pressed his mouth to mine, slowly, the spiced taste of Toku sent an electric rush throughout me.
Her kiss was sweet and smooth like chocolate, emerald eyes stared directly into mine, I could feel her heartbeat as I’m sure she could feel mine. The slow rhythm began to race as I pressed my mouth to hers again, then kissed the side of her face and her neck. Her hands explored my chest, gently tracing my shoulders, then ruffled my hair, she pulled me down harder. The phone rang again, the shrill tune singing out, and as she gasped slightly I pulled her up and threw the phone down. She laughed, giddy with the new feeling rushing through her mind and body.
"Come."
Sumi didn’t argue, she followed quietly as we headed toward my room, finally we reached it, I met her mouth again indulging in the sweet taste. So many days I had dreamed of such a miracle to occur, and now she lay on my bed smiling at me, thought of Tash seemingly the farthest thing from her mind.
He didn’t continue to kiss me, we just lay on the bed simply enjoying each other’s presence. I could still hear the smooth rhythm of his heart as I snuggled closer, the enthralling scent of his cologne was soothing and rich.
"I love you."
I propped my head up so I could look into his eyes, the brilliant blue reminded me of the ocean, his voice was so smooth and silken it felt as though I was melting in it’s beautiful tone. He watched me, his eyes gently clouding over at my silence, I smiled and sighed happily.
"I love you too."
Monday dragged so slowly, every silent of the tick of the clock seemed to send the hands backward instead of advancing.

No comments: