Friday, February 15, 2008

Narbas pulls into Misaki’s driveway, and attempts to smooth his hair over once more. He breathes in and approaches the door, his palms growing sweaty and heart racing. As he’s about to knock on the door, the door opens and he finds himself face to face with Misaki.
Misaki: (Opens the door, Draw Drops) What the fuck are you doing here?
Narbas: (Shrugs) Dunno. Got bored I guess.
Misaki: (pissed off) Why don’t you go and play with Kinkaku?!
Narbas: He’s (ominous pause) occupied.
Misaki: (worried) With what?!
Narbas: Not sure. When I called him, I heard some chick in the background yell, "No! Not the ass!" and then he laughed this evil laugh and hung up on me! My best friend hung up on me! (coughs) Anyway… wanna come with me to Vegas?
Misaki: (Pauses) What the fuck would we do in Vegas exactly?
Narbas: C’mon! It’s VEGAS Baby!
Misaki: (Slightly turned on, nervous) Uh, yeah…. You just wait here… I’m gonna go ask my parents….
Misaki Thinking: Must write note… must leave note for parents… must think of some way to notify my friends I’ll be gone for a while…..Must force Narbas to tell me what the fuck is Moku’s problem…..
Narbas: (Pulls Misaki back towards him and then kidnaps her.
Misaki: What the Fuck man?! (shoved into Narbas’ car)
Narbas: I ALREADY TOLD YOU! Vegas! (gets in the car and begins driving)
Halfway to Highway 12……
Narbas: Crap! I forgot Kinkaku! (flips a U-ee to go and get Kinkaku)
Misaki: (Morbidly Curious) Why do we need Kinkaku?!
Narbas: (Glances sideways at Misaki) I’m not getting married without my best man!
Misaki: MARRIED?!
Narbas: You can bring Motoko if you want.
Misaki: MARRIED?!
Narbas: Yes. (Gets out of car, knocks on Kinkaku’s door)
Misaki Thinking: This is not what I got in the car to do with Narbas!! This is definitely not what I got into the car to do with Narbas!!!! And since WHEN does Narbas speed?!
Kinkaku: (answers wearing black shorts, but no shirt) What?
Motoko: (Stumbles to door in shorts and a tank-top) What’s this?
Misaki: (Eyes widen, jaw drops, slight squeak) Oh my fucking god!!!! Motoko?! WHAT are you doing here?!?
Motoko: (Holds up fencing foil) Fencing Practice! Duh!
Misaki Thinking: LIAR!!!!!!!!!
Narbas: But it’s midnight!
Misaki Thinking: (Very rapid thought) YEAH!!! MIDNIGHT!!! NO ONE, SANE OR OTHERWISE PRACTICES FENCING AT MIDNIGHT….Then again.. no one sane or otherwise gets into a car to talk to the best friend of a current boy who happens to be in an adolescent drama with you to discover what the fuck is his problem… because chances are, something screwy will happen… such as finding out you are to be married… in Vegas of all places….
Motoko/Kinkaku: (Look at watches)
Kinkaku: Oh.
Motoko: So it is.
Misaki: (At Kinkaku Glaring) And WHERE is your family, anyway?
Kinkaku: (Shrugs)
Misaki Thinking: (Slow Murderous Thought) I am going to kill you Kinkaku…. I am going to fucking kill you….
Narbas: Uh huh….. Well, Misaki and I are getting married! (^o^)
Misaki: (angry) WE ARE NOT!
Narbas: (calm) We are, but we need the best man and the maid of honor.
Misaki: (really pissed) God damn it Narbas! Take me home!
Narbas: Honey, it’s Vegas! We’ve always been dreaming of this.
Misaki: Screw that! I haven’t! Kinkaku, Motoko, One of you HAS to call the police!!
Kinkaku/Motoko: Yay! The Duo’s shall be married!
Misaki: (attempts to sneak away while the Kinkaku and Motoko celebrate and unknowingly distract Narbas)
Narbas: (Pulls Misaki into a hug)
Misaki Thinking: Where are Kinkaku’s parents?!? And why the fuck aren’t Motoko’s parents calling the police?! Hmm… Narbas can really give a hug
IN NARBAS’ CAR (8:00 A.M.)
Kinkaku: (Still no shirt) So, why Vegas?
Narbas: Because it’s the only place that has a church that would marry a 16 year old and we can’t wait.
Misaki: (Smiles in spite of herself)
Motoko: Awww… that’s cute!
Misaki: Wait… what about moku?! I can’t do this to moku! And neither can you Narbas!!
Narbas: I killed him last Wednesday. (Glances at Misaki) It was for us you know.
Misaki: (Sniffle) You.. (sniffle)..Killed (Sniffle).MY (Sniffle) Moku! (Breaks out sobbing, then feels sudden murderous rage and stops and stares at Narbas) YOU….LIED!!! He WASN’T avoiding me!! He WASN’T mad at me! We WERE supposed to get illegally wed in the spring… BUT NO!!! YOU HAD TO GO AND FUCKING KILL HIM!!!!!!
Narbas: (Ignores "married in the spring" comments) We got into a fight. He decided to ignore both of us, and you wouldn’t have come if he were an issue.
Misaki Thinking: He’s nutz!.. Although it is a turn on, it’s mostly a Oh My Fucking God!!! I’m getting married to a lunatic!! …. Hmmm… I’m hungry. I wonder if he’ll stop for food…. Sadistic Psycho Bitches need food too…
Narbas: You’re not mad are you honey?
Misaki Thinking: Honey, that’s good on waffles…. I could really go for a cheeseburger though, or maybe eggs… The waffle idea was a good one.. What time is it? There’s daylight out so it must be near breakfast time...
Narbas: (thinks that Misaki is royally pissed about the murder of Mokouromi) OH come on!! It was for US!! Moku. Moku. Moku. That’s ALL you talk about!! God! Can’t you even remember Sunday night?
Misaki Thinking: Sunday? Of course I remember! We had a pepperoni pizza… It was very fresh and yummy! Narbie and I ate the whole pizza! By ourselves.. which does not seem lady-like, but then again, I never said I was a lady….We were all by ourselves, at his house.. .with that DVD playing… (Smile)
Motoko: (Suddenly occurs to her she might need to worry) What did you two do?!
Kinkaku: You didn’t… Did you?? (Unfriendly Eyebrow raise)
Narbas: I took her to my house
Narbas Thinking: Because she was really depressed.. She had a tank top and jeans on..
Motoko: (Eyes Narrow)
Narbas: Closed the blinds
Narbas Thinking: We wanted to watch a movie, and the sun was glaring on the screen.
Motoko/Kinkaku: (Glaring)
Misaki Thinking: Narbas had that white T-shirt on… I wasn’t crying anymore, and we were both curled up on the sofa…
Narbas: Popped it in
Misaki Thinking: Damn, that sounds wrong…
Motoko: (Talking very slowly and glaring) Define.. "It."
Narbas: (Disgusted) The DVD you pervert!
Kinkaku: (Perks up) What DVD?
Narbas: (Smiles at Memory) The Birdcage. Misaki wanted a good time.
Misaki Thinking: He looked so cute when he was shocked… I just called the sexy lunatic cute… ERGH!!! I just called him sexy!! (Twitch) Kinkaku would probably die if he saw that movie…
Kinkaku: What was it about? (confused)
Narbas: It was a comedy about gays. You’d probably die if you saw it Senichi
Misaki: (giggles)
Narbas: (Jumps slightly at the sudden giggle and glances sideways at Misaki)
Misaki: (Looks at Narbas and raises an eyebrow skeptically)
Narbas: (Depressed)
Misaki: (Sifts positions and cuddles up to Narbas)
Kinkaku/Motoko: (SMILE)
Motoko: (Glances at Kinkaku) Erm… Babe? Where’s your shirt??
Kinkaku: (Frowns, looks down, shrugs) Must have forgot it.
Motoko: You can borrow mine if you get cold.
Kinkaku: (Protective Voice) No. You might catch a cold.
Narbas: And girls shouldn’t go topless.
Motoko: (Femme Voice) You’re SOO sexist Narbas!!
Misaki: (Pulls away) We shouldn’t? (Evil grin, pulls off shirt) Why not?? (Innocent Voice)
Narbas: (Trying to focus on the road) Uh…. Well, Then I’d have more competition… and Senichi would have to fend them all off his wife…..
Misaki: (Shocked) WIFE?!?!?!
Narbas: There’s the hotel, look guys, I only had enough money for one hotel room.. When we get to Vegas, There’s two there.
Misaki: (Irate) EXPLAIN the WIFE comment! (Puts shirt back on)
Narbas: (Trying to cover up) I didn’t mean it! I was just joking! Teasing Kinkaku and Motoko… That’s all.
Misaki Thinking: We’ll see about that Narbas Kapier…
Narbas pulls out hotel key; Kinkaku, Motoko and Misaki all head up to the room with him.
In Hotel Room (30 Minutes Later)
Kinkaku: Motoko and I are going to go grab something to eat. You want to wake up Misaki?
Narbas: No. I’ll wait here, when she wakes up, I’ll see if she’s hungry.
Kinkaku: Ok. (suspicious look)
Motoko: (Glare) Kaku, I’M HUNGRY!!! Lets go! (Shakes fist) BRR!
Kinkaku: (Puts on a muscle shirt) Right, let’s go… Narbas?
Narbas: (forces gaze towards Kinkaku and away from Misaki) Yah?
Kinkaku: (Threatening Voice) DON’T violate my friend.
Narbas: (hurt) Gawd, now you too.
Kinkaku: Promise Me (Threatening)
Narbas: (Glare) Of course I won’t Kinkaku. I have morals
Kinkaku: Good
Kinkaku Thinking: hey… was that a jab at me?…. nah, couldn’t be.
Motoko/Kinkaku: (Leave the room)
Narbas: (Pulls out Child Solider INC to work on, with back to sleeping Misaki) Now Kinkaku doesn’t trust me.. I’m really not feeling the love here.
Misaki: (wraps arms around Narbas’ neck and presses lips against his cheek lightly) Well you should feel loved. I love you.
Narbas: (Depressed, giving up attitude) I thought you were asleep
Misaki: (shrug) The door slamming woke me up.
Narbas: (self hatred mood) You hungry?
Misaki: (suggestive) Not yet.
Narbas: (pulls Misaki into lap)
Misaki: (Rests head on Narbas’ shoulder)
Narbas: (Lightly stroking Misaki’s hair)
Misaki: Kapi?
Narbas: (pause) Yes?
Misaki: I don’t want to go back to Aberdeen. I want to stay with you, forever.
Narbas: I know. (Pulls Misaki closer) We have to go Misaki. This is the only way.
Misaki: (Takes Kapi’s Glasses) I know.
Narbas: (Nervous gulp)
Misaki: (Leans in slightly)
Misaki/Narbas: (Kiss)
Narbas: I love you Misaki
Misaki: (Depressed) I love you too. (Snuggles back against Narbas with glasses still in hand)
Narbas: (Soft Smile)
In The Restaurant Downstairs
Kinkaku: (Smiling) Who would have thought that we’d be on another road trip to Vegas and waiting for Narbas and Misaki to get married??
Motoko: (frown) Hmmmm.
Kinkaku: (confused, eyebrow raise) What?
Motoko (Shrugs, attempts to smile) Nothing.
Kinkaku: (frown) Tell me.
Motoko: (Pause) Do you (Pause) Think Misaki…. (pause) WANTS to be here?
Kinkaku: (relieved smile) Of course. She and Narbas have been planning this for ages.
Motoko: (pause) Sometimes I’m not so sure.
Kinkaku: (Grabs Motoko’s Hand) Trust me. If she didn’t want to be here, then Narbas wouldn’t have brought her here. He would NEVER do anything to make her unhappy.
Motoko: (smile) Well at least he didn’t kidnap her.
Kinkaku: That would have been pretty funny actually. (laughs)
Motoko: Yeah. (eats another pancake)
Kinkaku: Hey.. (sudden secretive look) If I tell you something, don’t tell Misaki?
Motoko: (Pause) She is…. my best friend Kaku (Looks at Kaku) But If I have to I won’t tell her.
Kinkaku: (Nervous) I think.. (bites lip) Narbas is making a big mistake. Moku is going to kill him.
Motoko: (unhappy) What?! I thought (Pause) that Narbas (thinks back) Narbas said! He said he killed Mokouromi!
Kinkaku: Shh! Not so loud! He didn’t (looks down) He may be a lunatic, but he isn’t a murderer. He and Mokouromi are friends. Narbas wouldn’t kill Mokouromi, even for Misaki.
Motoko: (Pause) So he lied to Misaki again?
Kinkaku: (guilty) In a sense… He sent Moku to Chicago for a week.
Motoko: (confused) But, Kaku! (pleading, confused) Why did Moku agree to it?? He must have known Narbas, is sort of (pause) out to (pause) gain…
Kinkaku: (gives Motoko a skeptical look) Because, Misaki wasn’t talking to him, and rumors were that she and Narbas had done things together……
Motoko: SO he went to Chicago to get murdered by some mob?! (angry) What a whimsy unmotivated little asshole!
Kinkaku: (pained voice) Don’t..
Motoko: Don’t what? Point out the obvious?!
Kinkaku: Let’s head back to check on Misaki and Narbas.
Motoko: (frustrated) Kaku, I want to know something
Kinkaku: (stressed out) What Toko_chan?
Motoko: Is there another reason why you think that Misaki and Narbas are making a mistake?
Kinkaku: (Looks away from Motoko) Yes.
Motoko: (waits)
Kinkaku: I don’t think he should go with Mokouromi’s girl because in all reality, that’s what she’ll always be. Moku’s Girl. No matter what they think… If he ever gets the guts to ask her out, she’ll feel wretched for turning him down.. (looks at Motoko) She IS my friend too. But there are times when you have to face the truth Motoko.
Motoko: (Smiles) Yeah. That’s true. But lets see, I think those two have a great chance.
Kinkaku: (glances at watch) We should get back though, We’ve been gone for two hours
Motoko: Yah, who knows what those crazy kids are up to.
Kinkaku: That’s what worries me
Kinkaku and Motoko get into elevator)
Motoko: (Gently whaps Kinkaku upside the head) You pervert.
Kinkaku: (suggestive eyebrow raise, innocent look) What??
Motoko: Worrying that my Misaki and your Narbas are getting it on.
Kinkaku: (suggestive eyebrow raise) are you IMPLYING that the WRONG people are worrying? (evil laugh) after all, (smirk) I’m not the one who freaked out when Narbas said "and I popped it in"
Motoko: (Shoves Kinkaku against the wall) Are you attempting to tell me that YOU (leans in close) Weren’t thinking the SAME thing?
Kinkaku: Of course I was. But unlike YOU I didn’t freak out.
Motoko: You haven’t (elevator door opens and two kids stand there gawking)…. Lost my car keys again have you?! (pulls away from Kinkaku muttering about hopeless)
(Kinkaku and Motoko get out of the elevator and walk to the room laughing softly. The hallway lights are dim and cast flickering shadows dancing on their faces as they walk through the hall. The atmosphere presses upon them, leaving them in silence as they reach the door)
(Opening the door, they are amused to find Narbas sleeping with Misaki cuddled up against him. A closer glance reveals that Narbas’ glasses are lightly clutched in Misaki’s hands.)
Kinkaku: (laugh) I guess she woke up.
Motoko: Yup (giggle)
Kinkaku: (Whips around to look at Motoko) You giggled!
Motoko: (sarcasm) No Shit Sherlock
Kinkaku: (eyebrow raise) It’s a turn on.
Motoko: Shhh! You’ll wake them!
Narbas: (shifts slightly)
Misaki: (stirs slightly in her sleep because of Narbas’ shift in position and whispers in a tired voice) Kapie?
Narbas: (Opens his eyes, sees Kinkaku and Motoko standing there and sits up suddenly) Hey.. How was breakfast? (Glances back at Misaki) erm… (eyes his glasses)
Misaki: (curls into a little ball and continues sleeping)
Motoko: (suddenly curious) Isn’t she hungry?
Narbas: (shrug) I guess not, she woke up right after you left, cuddled up and fell asleep again. I couldn’t write with Misaki in my lap so I gave up and lied down.. Next thing I knew, you two were standing there.
Motoko Thinking: Aww cute!! (pause) WAIT… HE’S STEALING MY MISAKI!!!
Kinkaku: (disbelieving) (sees INC papers scattered on the floor) She looks cold.
Narbas: (pulls covers out from under Misaki and tucks her in)
Misaki: (uncurls slightly)
Narbas: She’s so cute when she’s sleeping.
Motoko: You two are so cute when you’re all snuggled up and sleeping together.
Narbas: (Blush)
Misaki: I want food. (One eye opens, then the other.)
Motoko: Oh, look, she’s arisen from the DEAD…
Misaki: (stares incoherently) Ugh…. What?
Narbas: (sympathetic) Poor baby.
Misaki: (Glare) I’m NOT a baby.
Narbas: (smile) You’re my baby.
Misaki: No, I’m your psycho.
Narbas: You’re my sweet cute little psycho
Misaki: We can make that permanent if you can get some food (Bats eyelashes)
Narbas: (eyebrow raise) Hmmm. I’ll buy.
Downstairs Restaurant
Misaki: (munches on some pancakes)
Narbas: (watches smiling)
Misaki: Kapie, aren’t you hungry?
Narbas: I’m fine.
Misaki: (Hears Narbas’ stomach growl) Hey Kapie (Leans over and kisses Narbas on the mouth) Thanks for Breakfast (holds a forkful of pancake in front of Narbas’ mouth)Narbas: Really, I’m fine…. (eats forkful)
Misaki: (gives Narbas other half of the plate)
Narbas: I just ate your breakfast, is the rest of the drive going to be hell? (joking)
Misaki: (evil grin)
Narbas: (mock horror) Gasp!
Misaki: (suggestive) You’ll have to make it up Kapie…
Narbas: (eyebrow raise) I’ll take you grocery shopping.
Misaki: (purr) But you better not forget the checkout.
Narbas: (Suggestive eyebrow raise, grin) Of course not. That would be like stealing…
Misaki: (leans over toward Narbas) and stealing is WRONG (suggestive)
Narbas: (Smiles) You know, I never thought I’d be turned on by grocery shopping
Kinkaku/Motoko: HEY!! Remember us?! GEEZ!! Get a room!
Misaki: (opens mouth to speak)
Narbas: (interrupts) Misaki, want to go upstairs and work on a case?
Misaki: (innocent voice) What kind of case?
Narbas: (slightly suggestive, mostly casual) Mine.
Motoko: Oh My Fucking God….
Kinaku: Don’t (deadly tone) you (eyes narrow) DARE
Misaki: Well, if we can’t work on his INC then… We’ll do "something" else
Narbas: How about Affirmative Constructive?
Misaki: Nah (glances at a hyperventilating Kinkaku) We’d better get back on the road.
Narbas: (leaves to pay)
Kinkaku/Motoko/Misaki: (head out to car)
In Car ½ Way To Deadwood
Misaki: Narbas… I’m (worried) really… not sure, if you should be driving… at 160.. In a in a 60 MPH zone..
Kinkaku: (irritated) Don’t worry so much
Misaki: (whips around) I would LIKE to survive this kidnapping!
Narbas: (tired) Quit yelling at her Senichi.
Kinkaku: (yelling) I’M NOT YELLING!!!!!
Narbas: (glances at Misak)
Misaki: (turns up radio)
Misaki Thinking: I’ve got to get away from Senichi and Motoko.
Kinkaku: Whatever
Motoko: (Smiles at Kinkaku, Cuddles up, Plays with his hair)
Narbas: (glances at Misaki)
Misaki: (plays with her hair, while starring out the window absent mindedly)
Motoko: (Quiet Enough So Misaki/Narbas can’t hear) What’s wrong Senichi?
Kinkaku: (also quiet) I’m just sick of this.
Motoko: (continues playing with Kinkaku’s hair) yeah. (sarcasm) You’ve got to love road trips.
Kinkaku: (stares out window, moody)
Motoko: (Leans on Kinkaku and falls asleep)
Kinkaku: (Doesn’t seem to notice, starring out the window)
Narbas: (frustrated)
Misaki: (puts her hand on Narbas’ leg, as a sign of comfort)
(Next three hours pass in silence, with the occasional change of radio station, and shift in position)
Narbas: (slows down to 30 MPH as they near a town)
Misaki: (Reads sign out loud) Cimont? (tilts head slightly) Sounds… (sees population) 10?! Jeez! It’s smaller than WARNER!!
Kinkaku: (mutters softly) Picky.
Narbas: (laughs at Misaki’s look of shock)
Misaki: (Interested, looking around) It looks just like a Western…
Narbas: (Pulls into a parking space in front of a bar) Maybe we can grab a quick drink before we head back on the road.
Kinkaku: (moody) I don’t drink, and you shouldn’t drink and drive
Narbas: (patient) Water.. Pop.. That’s what I’m talking about.
Kinkaku: (Moody)
All Four: (Walk into the bar)
Misaki: (eyes scan the room, and immediately stop upon one character dealing out cards) I know him. (gestures in the direction of the card dealer)
Narbas: (eyes set upon character) How? You’ve never been in this part of South Dakota Before…
Misaki: He’s not from this area of South Dakota. He’s from Aberdeen, and he’s spent nights with all of us.
Narbas: (takes it the wrong way, angry, worried) WHAT?!
Misaki: (Doesn’t take eyes off character) Debater.
Narbas: (disbelieving) Can’t be one of ours….
Misaki: It is. (walks over to table) Aren’t you a bit young to be dealing or playing in a professional poker game??
Narbas: (confused) Misaki HOW do you know this person?!
Misaki: (matter of fact) Because Kapi, It’s Ristulka.
Ristulka: (deep voice) I’m sorry Ma’am, but you are mistaken My Name is Riccardo Santiago
Misaki: (smiles) Sure Ristulka. You don’t even look like a Santiago.
Ristulka: (deep voice) I assure you madam that I am indeed Riccardo Santiago
Misaki: (Sarcasm) Ok. Sure.
Ristulka: (whiney voice) SO WHAT?!? Wrau doesn’t even look like a Mikhailovich!
Misaki: (smirk) And HOW do you know Wrau?
Ristulka: (deep voice) Damn you Misaki!
Misaki: (smile) Oh and Riccardo?
Ristulka: WHAT?! Erm… (deep voice) What?
Misaki: Nice voice (sexy voice) it’s sexy.
Narbas: (COUGH)
Misaki: Aww, I still love you Narbas
Ristulka: (Deep voice) WHAT??? WHOA!!! WHEN did this happen?!
Misaki: (shrug)
Narbas: (smile)
Ristulka: SO what brings this beautiful (cough FORBIDDEN cough) romance around these parts?
Misaki: (shrug) We’re gonna get married.
Ristulka: (chokes on his pint of beer) (cough cough) What?! Do you have ANY idea what the debate god will do to you?? He’ll SLAUGHTER you both!! (Glances around nervously) He’s got spies (gestures largely) Everywhere! (looks at Misaki and gives her a ‘you should know this look)
Misaki: (lips tighten slightly, then face relaxes) (nonchalant) Don’t be so paranoid Ristulka.
Ristulka: I’m not being paranoid! He forced me to balance the Spy Budget!!
Misaki: (gives Ristulka a warning look) (nonchalant) Shouldn’t a banker do that?
Ristulka: (gives misaki a look) The BANKER had a crush on Lucy. The debate god had him smithed.
Misaki: (clam, until the last sentence is finished.) (eyes widen) IS that legal?!
Ristulka: The…. A Goddess Smithed the banker.
Kinkaku: (unbelieving) A goddess??
Ristulka: (depressed shake of the head) God and all other "higher beings" fear the Debate God and his almighty Wrath.
Kinkaku: (yelling) I WON’T BELIEVE THAT!!!
Misaki: (softly) And I don’t even believe in God.

Ristulka: (depressed) That’s the problem! Damn Wiccans and Buddhists took over! The lack of belief in god led to his lower presense in existance. Now he’s so weak that The Debate God can control and order him! It’s horrible!! God is no longer the Almighty… he’s the all inslaved.
Misaki: (Contemplative) But he COULDN’T have truly been the almight if our lack of belief could decrease his existance. (supierior look) How DOES that work?!
Ristulka: You might need to sit down.. (glances at angry card players) I’m going to go explain god to them.
Card Player #1: (angry) GOOD! You win too much!!!!
Card Player #2: (angry) Fricken accented card sharks.
Card Player #3: (angry) Damn 23 year old Card Sharks!
(Ristulka/Kinkaku/Narbas/Misaki/Motoko all go to sit at the secluded corner table)
Ristulka: (clears throat) Ok, in the beginning there was darkness and all came into being. But before humans, god was created to give them hope. Whatever created humans knew, we would need something to believe in. For some reason, the people started to loose faith, and this lead to his loss in his existance. His Strength everything, depends souly upon our true belief and pure love. Soon, the religions that didn’t believe in him, caused his weakness and overall slavery of the Debate God.
Kinkaku: (glaring) NOT TRUE!!!
Narbas: (confused)
Misaki: (looks at Ristulka, obviously unhappy he’s sharing this information with the rest of the group) (Changes expression to wonder) To hear this… contradicts my religion.. and yet it doesn’t. It’s so.. (looks at Ristulka) Unusual.
Motoko: Are you even old enough to drink??
Ristulka: (smile) Shhh that’s our secret.
Misaki: Ristulka you’re a BAD boy.
Ristulka: (laugh) (takes another gulp of beer)
Misaki: (raises and eyebrow and smiles) Hey Ristulka you want to come to Vegas with us?
Ristulka: SURE! Actually (pause) I was headed there.
Misaki: What happened? (worried)
Ristulka: (pissed) My care blew up.
Misaki: (eyebrow raise) You mean your engine??
Ristulka: No. I mean I was coming out of the bathroom and I came out just in time to see my whole fucking car blow up!
Misaki: (symapthetic) You poor thing!
Ristulka: (depressed anger) So since then.. .I’ve been trying to win enough to buy a car.
Misaki: Well you can com with us Ristulka! I think it would be great if you came to the wedding with us!
(All head out to the car after getting a couple dozen Mountain Dews)
In Deadwood, SD
Misaki: (tired) I’ll wait here.
Kinkaku: We’re going to be gone a while.
Narbas: You souldn’t stay alone.
Misaki: I’m going to just kick back or whatever.
Ristulka: I don’t think…
Misaki: (glare)
Ristulka: We should push it…
Misaki: (watches the rest of the crew enter a nearby casino) Whew… Now to call Starfire (pulls out cellphone and dials Star’s number) Starfire?
Starfire: (Panicked) MISAKI?! Where are you?! The police were searching for you!!!
Misaki: I’m in Dedwood, South Dakota. You need to call my parents and tell them that (connection dies) NOOO! DAMMIT!!! I’ll be grounded for life for this stunt! (sigh) (puts cell phone away) (curls up and falls asleep)
9 hours later
Misaki: (pulls out cell phone) Dead. (sigh) (shoves cell phone back into pocket)
Narbas/Kinkaku/Motoko/Ristulka: (run out of casino and jump into car)
Ristulka: (gets in on Misaki) DRIVE DAMMIT!!! DRIVE!!!
Misaki: (muffled voice) GERROFISTULKA!!
Narbas: (speeds out back onto highway)
Misaki: (sees giant bag) What’s in the bag??
Ristulka: All my winnings.
Misaki: (smiles) Coolness! How did you do?
Ristulka: I won $3 Million.
Misaki: Oh (pause) My (pause) God (pause)
Ristulka: The first game.
Misaki: How many games did you play??
Ristulka: Five. At Three Million dollars each.
Misaki: FIFTEEN MILLION DOLLARS???
Ristulka: (proudly) and four cents!
Misaki: Four cents??
Ristulka: Pool game, low stakes.
Misaki: Holy crap…..
Ristulka: Hey, I have to buy a wedding present don’t I? (grin, shrug)
Misaki: NO (shocked) you don’t (shocked)
Ristulka: (pout) I’m still buying you a toaster!
Misaki: (laughing) Ok Ristulka. If you must.
Ristulka: Yup! And only one downside.
Misaki: How bad can it be? (optimistic)
Narbas: (Angry) TELL HER RISTULKA
Misaki: (eyebrow raise, worried)
Ristulka: We can.. erm… NEVER go back to Deadwood… at least not until those people loose their memories… or lives….
Misaki: (suspicious) WHY?????
Ristulka: (nervous, embarrassed) I might have gotten all that money from everyone and they might be slightly irate…
Kinkaku: (yelling) SLIGHTLY IRATE?! THE FUCKING BAR TENDOR WHIPPED OUT A SHOT GUN AND AIMED IT AT MY HEAD!!! HE WAS PISSED YOU WON HIS FOUR CENTS!!!
Misaki: (shocked) was he??
Narbas: (Angry) No! He wasn’t the only one! Bill Gates is also pissed off at us!
Misaki: (holds hand to mouth to try to stop laughter)
Narbas: AND!!! Some trillion-are sent a bottle of champagne flying at MY head!!!
Misaki: (soft giggle)
Ristulka: I don’t know why, you’re so pissed. I’m paying for the rest of the trip…. Not to mention your toaster.
Misaki: (laughing) Just don’t make them chase us out of Vegas too Ristulka.
Ristulka: (grin) I won’t. I promise. Here. (hands Misaki the bag of money) you can hold onto it. (climbs into back seat)
Misaki: (ties knot at the top of the bag and puts it on the floor)
Narbas: (angry)
Misaki: Kapie, we’re all ok and that’s all that matters
Narbas: You sure? Because the money seems to really matter too.
Misaki: (hurt) Narbie that’s not fair.
Narbas: (sarcastic) It isn’t?
Kinkaku: Maybe I had better drive
Motoko: You two can sit back here
Narbas: Bad idea.
Misaki: (demanding) Why?
Narbas: Because, right now I want to strangle (pause) Ristulka.
Misaki: So I’ll sit between you two. You could use some more sleep anyway.
Narbas: (grouchy) I’m fine.
Misaki: NARBAS KAPIER (deadly tone) You pull over this car right now OR (ominous pause) I will tell Kinkaku what happened.
Narbas: (worried) You WOUDN’T!
Misaki: I WILL
Kinkaku: You had better tell Kinkaku what happened.. Narbas isn’t listening to Misaki… hey Kinkaku just spoke in third person… and kinkaku sounds cool in third person!
Narbas: (pulls over the car) Happy?
Misaki: (matter of fact-ly) Yes.
(Kinkaku/Motoko switch with Misaki/Narbas)
Kinkaku: (continues driving)
Narbas: (looks out the window moodily)
Misaki: (snuggles up to Narbas and whispers in his ear) I wouldn’t have told Kinkaku, you know that.
Narbas: (pouting softly) No I don’t.
Misaki: (whispering patiently to Narbas) Then I’ll tell you now. What happened is between you and me, and that’s the way I want it. I would never tell anyone.
Narbas: (puts an arm around Misaki) Neither would I.
Misaki: (gently kisses the side of Narbas’ neck)
Narbas: (rests his head on Misaki’s and falls asleep)
20 Minutes Later
Kinkaku: (to Motoko) So what do yoou think Misaki was talking about?
Motoko: I’m not sure… Couldn’t have been anything to big. Misaki would havementioned something to me.
Kinkaku: You sure?
Motoko: I know Misaki… Sh’es not like that. She’ll joke about it, but she wouldn’t do anything like that.
Kinkaku: You’re positive?
Motoko: Yes.
Kinkaku: Well (shrug) if you’re sure then ok.
Motoko: Although I do want to know.
Kinkaku: For sure.
Motoko: Shall we commence Operation Double Agent?
Kinkaku: Report back later Agent Shigekazu
Motoko: It’s Bond, Kinkaku Bond, Super Stud
Kinkaku: (perverted grin, eyebrow raise)
Ristulka: (softly) And once again, last minute prom date is left single.
Narbas: Hey Ristulka, no worries, Vegas is full of women
Ristulka: Not teenage girls who would just like me for goof around me. You and Kinkaku are lucky.
Narbas: Well actually
Ristulka: (eyebrow raise)
Narbas: She was techincally Mokouromi’s unoffical… so erm.. yeah..
Ristulka: But she’s marrying you...
Narbas: (blushing) Well I may have not told her right away ...
Ristulka: (Raised whisper) YOU KIDNAPPED HER?!
Narbas: Keep it down!
Ristulka: (Confused) So... why isn’t the unofficial with her unofficial?
Narbas: (eyes narrow at Ristulka) First because she isn’t his. She’s mine. Second, she thinks he’s dead.. and third I’m not sure.
Ristulka: (Shocked) What?? But for you to know that you would have had to..
Narbas: (gulity) I know.. I guess psychos turn her on? Or she was dying to get with me...
Ristulka: What happens... when she... (nervous) Finds out the truth??
Narbas: (sullen) I don’t know..
Ristulka: She won’t be happy. What she and Tashoru had was really special Kapier. You as a friend shouldn’t have broken that up. Friends don’t do that.
Narbas: (angry) It couldn’t be anything close to what we had! Do you know WHY she wouldn’t go out with me Devereux? Because of him! Her little Mokouromi! One night we had?! Thrown away! She told me not to tell, and avoided me... What could she and Tashoru Mokouromi have that could ever compare??
Ristulka: (feels sort of bad for Narbas) Love. Think about it Narbas.. Even if she does go to you because she needs someone when she thinks that Mokouromi died, it would just be rebound...
Narbas: (nods, trying not to cry)
Ristulka: Unrequited love is hard. But you shouldn’t break up others to try to gain them Narbas. It isn’t right... You really do love her don’t you?
Narbas: (nods and looks away)
Ristulka: I’m not saying that it will never work. But before you steal something away from Mokouromi, you had better think long and hard about which you value more.
Misaki: (moves her head slightly and makes a slight noise, still asleep)
Ristulka: I think it’s safe to say that she wants to be with you. Otherwise she would have called the cops on you a long time ago.
Narbas: (silently, very depressed) I’m still not sure... what’s she’s going to do when she sees Mokouromi again..
Ristulka: Well, by then she will be married to you. So no worries.
Narbas: I hope you’re right (kisses the top of Misaki’s head)
Ristulka: (looks at Misaki, brief look of longing) She sure sleeps through a lot.
Narbas: (smile) You should see her on the Debate Bus sleeping. It’s cute.
Ristulka: So, what did she say when you showed up at her house at...
Narbas: Midnight. She said, "What the fuck are you doing here?!" she swears a bit when she’s tired.
Ristulka: (smirk) That’s so (laughing) Cute...
Ristulka Thinking: You even think of hurting her, and I will kill you Kapier... No mercy. No one hurts my Misaki.
Narbas: Only she can make me think swearing is cute.
Ristulka: (raises eyebrow) If she threw a knife at you, you’d probably think it was cute.
Narbas: Depends if she hits me..(laughs)
Misaki: (shifts slightly)
Ristulka: Looks like she’s waking up.
Narbas: Yeah. She got about 1/2 hour of sleep.
Ristulka: And you got about 20 minutes
Misaki: (opens eyes and stares out window)
Narbas: (doesn’t see Misaki’s eyes open) I guess she’s not waking up.
Ristulka: Hmmm
Ristulka Thinking: I wonder if she knows about Tashoru. I should have them contact Tashoru and meet up with us. Just to really force Misaki to see the real Narbas. She told me about that one night...
Narbas: (strokes Misaki’s hair)
Misaki: (yawns)
Narbas: (hands Misaki a Mountain Dew) Good Afternoon
Misaki: (stares at Mountain Dew Incoherently)
Narbas & Ristulka: (soft laughter)
Misaki: (Takes a swig of mountain dew) where are we?? (slightly groggy, but coherent)
Ristulka: Good Question.
Kinkaku: (glances in Review mirror) Hey Narbas. (confused) When did you wake up?
Narbas: About 10 Minutes Ago.
Kinkaku: Oh…. Well anyway. Thanks to our great speeding skills, we are now in Wyoming.
Narbas: Must be speeding look how long it took for us to get here, about a day or so, give or take.
Motoko: (whips around) That’s because –someone- decided to set off at midnight!
Narbas: (shrugs)
Ristulka: I think it would be best if we registered for everything under aliai.
Kinkaku: Is aliai actually the plural of alias?
Motoko: According to the Latin Language it is.
Kinkaku: You know how turned on I get when you start speaking Latin? (perverted grin)
Narbas/ Misaki/ Ristulka: NOT NOW!!!!
Motoko: Fine, fine. (returns to staring blankly out the window)
Narbas/Misaki: (cuddle)
Ristulka: I feel left out.
Misaki: (Gives Ristulka a hug then returns to cuddling Narbas)
Ristulka: (smile)
Motoko: There’s gotta be –some- girl in Vegas looking for a bad-ass card shark with an identity crisis.
Ristulka: You’re STILL harping on that whole Ricardo Santiago thing?
Misaki: Devie, if you’re going to pick an alias, at least use one that matches you.
Motoko: Yeah, you’re far too Northern European to use a Latino Name. Russian, maybe.
Ristulka:

No comments: