Health JournalMirki Tao Yen
January 7, 2005
This is the journal that I’m forced to write, it’s required that we write a paragraph about ourselves, or at least twenty facts about ourselves. Fact Number One: I really hate talking about myself. Fact number Two: I really don’t like writing journals that must conform to the ideals of what a teacher requires in a superficial assignment were no one is really going to tell what their thinking about because they’ll get sent to a counselor. Fact Number Three: I just broke up with my boyfriend. Fact Number Four: one of my friends is MIA and no one can really tell us what happened. I’m not in a good mood, I’m at a coffee shop right now, when I probably should be in health class. I really don’t like my class. There really isn’t any more to write.
January 8, 2005
I’m in school, sitting in the debate room and writing. I probably should be with my friends joking around and talking, but he’s still missing along with the others and it’s making me really worried.
Okay to get some facts straight…. My partner in debate is David Marshall McKinley and he went missing (according to police reports) on Sunday four o’clock PM in front of a crowd of people who quote, "watched him sink into the floor" unquote. As if that wasn’t bad enough, our past tense debater ( I hate using that phrase) Jameson Troy Masters went missing about two months before him, and Gage Jacobs Heaser a month after Jameson. Gage is in the same year as David, and they’re all on our team. Or at least were at some point.
… Jeff our head coach just asked if I was okay, we had a talk about that. He’s not handling the disappearances well either, but I don’t blame him. For him, our team is like his family. A big happy family. For me…. Well it’s not quite like that with all of them. But most of them I consider like brothers and sisters.
I guess I should head to class. Jeff is going to clear me for that day I missed. Thank god.
January 9th, 2005
I’m not really sure where I am. They day started out completely normal actually, I headed into the cafeteria. Then I started to feel slightly lightheaded (which wasn’t normal) next thing I know I reach to grab onto the chair next to me and my hand slips completely through it. Then I’m falling through some sort of strange vegetation crap with the screams of peers getting farther away… Hard impact and I think I sprained my ankle. Lovely. It’s raining now, the thunder is so loud that I can hear it and I’m stranded in some sort of rainforest. To add to my "glee" All I could find was some strange little cave. It’s dark. Cold. And I’m pissed off. Can you tell?
January 10th 2005
Definitely haven’t eaten anything, I’m no girl scout so I have no clue what’s safe to eat here. All the plants look kinda foreign to me. I keep hearing weird rustling noises following me everywhere, and the forest around me is unnaturally quiet. Except for the rustling of course. I wish I had gotten stranded with some sort of food. So hungry.
January 11th, 2005
This is going to really sound strange, but even though I haven’t eaten anything. I’m not hungry anymore. Paranoid, yes. That rustling is getting louder. I need a hug right now. It would really help if Mikhail could just sweep me into some fantastic reassuring hug. One of David’s hugs would be wonderful too though. A pat on the head from Gage would seem about heavenly now. Oh well, so much for hopeful wishes.
January 12th, 2005
It’s dark and there’s some kind of strange scratching on the roof. I can barely see this page, let alone the dark ominous roof a—
Jameson flipped through the journal, his thoughts focused on every word, brow furrowed as he read. Nearby Gage sniffed at the ground, a raw smell stung his nostrils as he leaned back, a worried look mirroring that of Jameson’s.
"James? What is that?"
"It’s Mikiri’s health Journal, she’s here too."
"Mikiri is here?"
"I think David might be too."
James quietly fingered the last page, half of the sheet was missing, a large jagged rip cutting off whatever she had been writing.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment